John Wooden was the greatest coach of all time and a mentor to many in sports, business, entertainment and athletes. He inspired great many with his success, leadership and character building principles. Here are my top ten Wooden’s quotes, or as most people call the ‘pearls of wisdom’:
- Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who will argue with you.
- Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
- If you are not making mistakes, then you are not doing anything. I am positive that a doer makes mistakes.
- Never mistake activity for achievement.
- The best competition I have is against myself to become better.
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
- Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them.
- It is what you learn after you know it all that counts.
Visit TheWoodenEffect.com to learn how John Wooden’s teachings can transform your life.
I would be honoured if you would share this with the people in your life who might get the most out of it.
Love Life and Yourself,